/*CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES */AND /*MYSPACE LAYOUTS */»

Monday, February 2, 2009

S.H.H.H.H. - School of Hip Hop Hip Hop


Welcome class. Glad you could join me in your endeavor to become more educated on Hip Hop. As you all know, Hip Hop is a lost art. There are maybe 5 Hip Hop artists to date that are still pushing out the music. A lot of you may be wondering why I say this, well if you really look at the lyrics of today you'll understand why 'RAP' isn't considered Hip Hop. Rap has evolved to basically a catchy hook with catchy music and/or samples of 'Real' music. Some of you have grown up listening to Snoop, Luda, Outkast, T-Pain, Lil Boosie and the like and thinkin you was up on the Music tip. But I'm here to let you know that that music is just sampled beated up 808 music with nothing but catchy hook phrases. Real Hip Hop had a message, a thought, a story that captured your mind to want to do better and in some cases 'BE'. Now lyrical conscientiousness is what Hip Hop was about. 'It's not about a salary it's all about reality'. That right there speaks volumes. Todays' artists are strictly about a salary, they just express it in the form of Louis XII, bling, rims, cars, hoes, G5s, black cards etc. Not once do they mention, homelessness, Government, environment, economic displacement, poverty, high school drop outs, suicide rate. This is REALITY! That is what needs to be put on a record (record is what youngins calls CD or mp3). When was the last time your listened to Pete Rock and CL Smooth's T.R.O.Y.? If it wasn't for VH1's Hip Hop Honors these artists would be long forgotten. And why do you think I posted Big Daddy Kane? Well dwell on this verse..

Rappers stepping to me they want to get some
But I'm the Kane, so yo, you know the outcome
Another victory
They can't get with me
So pick a BC date cause you're history
I'm the authentic poet to get lyrical
For you to beat me, it's gonna take a miracle
And, stepping to me, yo that's the wrong move
So what you on, Hobbs, dope or dog food?
Competition I just devour
Like a pitbull against a Chihuahua
Cause when it comes to being dope, hot damn
I got it good, now let me tell you who I am
The B-I-G D-A-double D-Y K-A-N-E
Dramatic, Asiatic, not like many
I'm different, so don't compare me to another
Cause they can't hang, word to the mother
At least not with the principal in this pedigree
So when I roll on you rappers, you better be
Ready to die because you're petty
You're just a butter knife, I'm a machete
That's made by Ginzu, wait until when you
Try to front, so I can chop into
Your body, just because you try to be basing
Friday the 13th, I'mma play Jason
No type of joke, gag, game, puzzle or riddle
The name is Big Daddy, yes Big not little
So define it
Here's your walking papers, sign it
And take a walk
As the Kane start to talk, cause...

0 comments: