/*CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES */AND /*MYSPACE LAYOUTS */»

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Would the REAL musicians PLEASE STAND UP?


I'm not a fan of radio much, these days!

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE music! Every so often I catch an “ear glimpse” into the world of music by listening to some of the CRAP my kids chant around the house. I grew up in the era of NWA and Uncle Luke (LOL) and remember the struggle against censorship; however, this crap today…is on the RADIO!

These are just some of the reasons I think MUSIC, not just hip-hop, is dead:


Wait’ll you see my d*ck

Ummm…..ok? Ladies? You have got to tell me that this is not where we are with pick up lines! First off….Imma go head and say it. Those brothers are NO LOOKERS. Now you mean to tell me that the most clever thing that they can come up with to say to a chick is wait til you see my d*ck? I think I’m going to pass!

Fabolous

Otay, Buckwheat. Why do people feel like they can just make up their own damned words? Now, Mary jumped ALL the way out there and invented a whole new language with “Family Affair” *giggles* and I’m with you Mary. But how do you take a REAL word and just spell it any ole way you want to? “Hands in the Ayer”? WTF???? That better be a tribute!

“Lesson 8…conversate”

You keep right on conversating, girl! LOL, the rest of will be right over here speaking English.

PLIES!!!!!!!

Ugh! Sit down! I don’t even want to elaborate on this. This man is gonna encourage a WHOLE lotta little girls to be disappointments to their daddies.

Champagne equating success

If I hear one more song poppin a damned bottle??????? WTH? Can we pop something else for a change? Maybe some Bonds, IRAs, Investments, some form of saving some $$$$. I’ll sing that song. WHOOOOA we going to the bank…..OOOOOOH! LOL

Subtle sexual innuendo

Have you listened to some of these damned lyrics? Can you keep up by DC (and Kidz Bop did a cover) WTF????? There is nothing worse than hearing your innocent baby walking arount singing bout "beating it like a cop"!

Chopped and Screwed

Why, oh why? This phrase has officially taken over the English language. SEND IT BACK! It’s not the only one either! “Get like me”, “Ain’t trickin if you got it”, “Swagga like”, “Please Excuse My Hands” and any other phrase overused on MySpace taglines!

Crank Dat Superman, Spiderman, Robocop, Porky Pig, Popeye the Sailorman, Strawberry Shortcake

What in the blazin blue balls is that lil fellers problem? Seriously. SD&STFU sometimes

ENVELOP FOLLOWERS

Leave that shyt in the 80s with Zapp and Roger Troutman, Please! Leave me with my memories of Computer Love!

Sheesh….that’s all. For NOW!

4 comments:

Poppa Patent said...

You are Officially a Grown A$$ Woman. Just think our parents were saying the same thing bout Prince wit his Sexual Arse. Tell me Prince wasn't ahead of his time.

On another note, you got a couple groups that do their own music: The Roots and Mint Condition. Throw in John Legend and Alicia Keys and that's it as far as 'Real Musicians'

Carmen Cosmopolitan said...

naw...that whole neo genre

ledisi, anthony, erykah, deborah bond, jaguar wright

REAL

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!

Carmen Cosmopolitan said...

finally what? LOL